Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL) are specifically for Native Hawaiians.
Many years ago, HomeStreet Bank worked with DHHL to help pioneer loans that help Native Hawaiians who've been awarded land leases purchase a home.
With most loan types, the land is a crucial part of the transaction and some banks have a hard time understanding land leases. HomeStreet sought to ensure that native Hawaiians not only had the opportunity to purchase homes, but to renovate them and refinance them as well.
Loan programs available:
- FHA loans with down payments as low as 2.25%
- Zero down USDA loans for properties in the designated rural footprint
- Renovation loans that allow for value-adding repairs and upgrades
- Build the home of your dreams with a construction loan
- If rates are lower than what you are paying, take advantage with a refinance or cash-out refinance
If you are Native Hawaiian and you've been awarded a lease, are currently on the waiting list for residential property, or already have a home on leased land, our local team would love to help you with the financing!
All loans subject to approval.