What documents will I need to apply for a home loan?
Having the right paperwork can help streamline the process.
Purchasing a home can be overwhelming, but here at HomeStreet we are dedicated to making that process simpler.
Below is a list of critical documents to have prepped before the application process. Having these documents on-hand will reduce the hassle and stress you may experience. Please be aware that additional or updated items may be requested throughout the application process.
- Previous two years W‐2s
- Most recent pay stubs covering 30 days
- Last two years personal tax returns (all schedules)
- Last two years business tax returns
- Social Security Award Letter
- Pension Award Letter
- Previous two years 1099s
- Rental agreements for all properties owned
- Most recent bank statements covering 60 days (all accounts and all pages)
- Most recent investment statements covering 60 days
- Be prepared to show proof of identification, which may include photo ID and/or Social Security Card
- Purchase and Sale Agreement
- Homeowner's Insurance Agent/Company name and phone number
- Copy of most recent Mortgage Statement
- Supplemental Documents as Applicable
- Copy of Permanent Resident Alien Card(s)
- Divorce Decree
- Child Support Order
- Bankruptcy papers and Discharge Notice
- Copy of DD214
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Copy of Land Lease (DHHL loans only)
- Homeowner's Association Contact Information
All loans subject to approval.