Take advantage of the many benefits of ICS®, or Insured Cash Sweep®.
- Feel secure knowing your funds are eligible for multi-million dollar FDIC insurance through the Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.
- Earn returns; you can put your excess cash balances to work in demand deposit accounts.
- Maintain liquidity through unlimited access to funds.
What else do you need to know?
- Your money is always on deposit in regulated, FDIC-insured institutions.
- You can check balances and see (online) where your funds are at all times.
- You will receive one regular monthly statement.
- As always, your confidential information remains protected.
If you are an existing CDARS® customer and your funds are placed both through CDARS and through ICS under the same tax identification number1, the ICS system is programmed to recognize your existing CDARS placements and exclusions maintained by us. Online tools allow you to verify that your funds are not being placed in institutions you have excluded.
Contact us to set up an account.
Call Commercial Deposit Services: 855.318.3737
To complete setting up your account, we will ask you to:
- Sign an ICS Deposit Placement Agreement and a custodial agreement with us.
- Identify a checking account or other transaction account to use with ICS. You may select an existing account or set up a new one. A HomeStreet Bank deposit account is required to use ICS.
- Place funds through ICS. You work directly with just us, and we do the legwork without charging you any fees. At your direction, funds are sent between your transaction account at our bank and demand deposit accounts at other ICS Network institutions in increments below the FDIC insurance maximum of $250,000 so that both principal and interest are eligible for FDIC insurance.2
- Note that different tax identification numbers do not guarantee different insurable capacities.
- Based on triggering events as set forth in the ICS Deposit Placement Agreement you enter into with
our bank. Placement of funds through the ICS service is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures in the service agreements, including the Deposit Placement Agreement (“DPA”). Limits and
customer eligibility criteria apply. Unlimited program withdrawals are available with ICS only when using the ICS demand option. Although funds are placed at destination banks in amounts that do not exceed the FDIC standard maximum deposit insurance amount (“SMDIA”), a depositor’s balances at the relationship institution that places the funds may exceed the SMDIA (e.g., before ICS settlement
for a deposit or after ICS settlement for a withdrawal) or be ineligible for FDIC insurance (if the relationship institution is not a bank). As stated in the DPA, the depositor is responsible for making
any necessary arrangements to protect such balances consistent with applicable law. If the depositor is subject to restrictions on placement of its funds, the depositor is responsible for determining whether its use of ICS satisfies those restrictions. ICS, Insured Cash Sweep, and CDARS are registered service marks of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.