With ICS® or CDARS®, you can access multi-million-dollar FDIC protection on deposits placed in demand deposit accounts, money market deposit accounts, and CDs—all through our bank.
IntraFi Cash ServiceSM (ICS® )
With ICS you can:
- Rest assured. Make even large deposits eligible for protection that’s backed by the full faith and credit of the federal government.
- Earn interest. Put excess cash balances to work by placing funds into demand deposit accounts, money market deposit accounts, or both.
- Save time. Work directly with just our bank —a bank you know and trust. Forego opening accounts under different insurable capacities or managing multiple bank relationships. Receive just one monthly statement from us summarizing your account activity and balances. And, if you are accustomed to collateralization, reduce the need to track collateral on an ongoing basis.
- Access funds. Make unlimited withdrawals of funds placed into demand deposit accounts or up to six program withdrawals per month of funds placed into money market deposit accounts. Funds can be placed in one or both types of deposit accounts
to best match your cash management and liquidity needs.
Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (CDARS®)
With CDARs you can:
- Rest assured. Know that deposits well into the millions are eligible for FDIC insurance protection.
- Earn interest. Put cash balances to work in CDs.
- Keep it simple. Avoid opening multiple accounts with multiple institutions to protect your funds. Forgo the need to use repo sweeps, track collateral on an ongoing basis, and manually consolidate statements and disbursements from multiple banks.
- Manage liquidity. Select from multiple terms to meet your liquidity needs.
- Support your community. Feel good knowing that the full amount of funds placed through CDARS can stay local to support lending opportunities that build a stronger community.1
Contact us to set up an account.
To complete setting up your account, we will ask you to:
- Sign a Deposit Placement Agreement and a custodial agreement with us.
- For ICS, identify a checking account or other transaction account to use. You may select an existing account or set up a new one. A HomeStreet Bank deposit account is required.
- For ICS, an Insured Cash Sweep $75 monthly service charge applies.
- For CDARS, based on our current CD options, select a rate and maturity that best matches your needs.
- Place funds. You work directly with just us and we do the legwork. You deposit funds and we submit them for placement at member banks in the ICS/CDARS network.
- The funds are placed in demand deposit accounts or CDs at multiple other network institutions in increments below the FDIC insurance maximum of $250,000 so that both principal and interest are eligible for FDIC insurance.2
- You receive consolidated interest payments and statements through us.
How the Insured Cash Sweep (ICS) service works
Enjoy the safety and simplicity that comes with access to multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance through a single bank relationship.
See how CDARS extends FDIC coverage on CD investments.
ICS Account Frequently Asked Questions
What is an ICS deposit?
Through an ICS deposit, you can earn interest on funds placed into demand deposit accounts, money market deposit accounts, or both, and rest assured knowing that your ICS funds are eligible for multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance.
You can also enjoy unlimited withdrawals of funds placed into demand deposit accounts or up to six program withdrawals per month of funds placed into money market deposit accounts.
How does banking with ICS work?
When your bank places funds for you using ICS, your deposit is sent from your transaction account at HomeStreet Bank into deposit accounts at other ICS Network banks in amounts below the standard FDIC insured maximum of $250,000. This makes your funds eligible for FDIC insurance protection.
As a result, you can access FDIC insured coverage from many institutions while working directly with HomeStreet Bank.
How do I keep track of my ICS account balance?
With an ICS account, you will receive regular monthly statements from HomeStreet Bank for each option showing your ICS deposit balances and other key information.
Additionally, you can check your ICS statement and track important information of interest to you online anytime through a specially designed Depositor Control Panel.
Is my information secure with an ICS?
Your confidential financial information remains protected with an Insured Cash Sweep and backed by FDIC insurance.
1 When deposited funds are exchanged on a dollar-for-dollar basis with other institutions that use CDARS, our bank can use the full amount of a deposit placed through CDARS for local lending, satisfying some depositors' local investment goals and
mandates. Alternatively, with a depositor's consent, our bank may choose to receive fee income instead of deposits from other participating institutions. Under these circumstances, deposited funds would not be available for local lending.
2 Deposit placement through CDARS or ICS is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures in applicable agreements. Although deposits are placed in increments that do not exceed the FDIC standard maximum deposit insurance amount (“SMDIA”) at any one destination bank, a depositor’s balances at the institution that places deposits may exceed the SMDIA (e.g., before settlement for deposits or after settlement for withdrawals) or be uninsured (if the placing institution is not an insured bank). The depositor must make any necessary arrangements to protect such balances consistent with applicable law and must determine whether placement through CDARS or ICS satisfies any restrictions on its deposits. A list identifying IntraFi network banks appears at https://www.intrafi.com/network-banks. The depositor may exclude banks from eligibility to receive its funds. IntraFi and ICS are registered service marks, and the IntraFi hexagon and IntraFi logo are service marks, of IntraFi Network LLC.
Note that different tax identification numbers do not guarantee different insurable capacities.