Resume Tips and Interview Advice
Learn about our work culture
- Learn about our culture by reviewing our website
- Read about our mission and values
- Visit a bank branch and see how we differ from other banks and credit unions. Ask our branch staff what they like about working at HomeStreet Bank.
Research our Company and History
- Visit our Website, beginning with our About Us and Newsroom pages.
- Follow us on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
- Use spell check and make sure your formatting is consistent
- Attention to detail is important!
- We appreciate a well-written cover letter that is written to our attention.
- Make sure your job experience is geared towards our position. Rewrite your job history to show how you are qualified for the role for which you are applying. Highlight your accomplishments and the value you have added.
- Be concise and keep it simple. Include experience from the past 10 years, starting with most recent. Include accurate dates.
- Include your education, relevant professional achievements or awards. Please, no personal information.
We often begin the interview process with a phone screen. A recruiter will call you to introduce you to HomeStreet, discuss opportunities, and learn what you’re seeking.
- Don’t be nervous
- Think of it as a networking conversation. We want to get to know you.
- Be prepared to tell us about your skills and interests. Also, we’ll ask why you want to work at HomeStreet.
If there is a good fit between an open position and your qualifications, we’ll invite you to meet face-to-face with a hiring manager.
- Our dress code is business professional, and we love it when candidates dress to impress!
- Be prepared to walk us through your resume and job history. Use our job description as a guide, and prepare life examples that can demonstrate each of the responsibilities/requirements listed.
- Make sure that you answer questions completely and bring a few questions of your own.
Questions about your job application?
Feel free to email us at Recruiting@homestreet.com. However, here are some frequently asked questions that might help you:
How do I apply for a position?
Visit our Careers page and submit your resume online for positions in which you are interested. Due to the volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to contact applicants whose qualifications most closely match with our open positions. If you are selected for an interview, we will be in touch.
How will I be notified if a retail position becomes available in my area?
Please continue to check our Careers page for the most up-to-date job openings.
How long is my job application active in your database?
Your account will remain active in our database and you can return to it at any time.
How do I update the information in my application?
To make changes to your profile, access “Job Opportunities” from our Careers page. Previous applicants may then enter their email address and password to be taken to our “Welcome Back” screen. From here applicants should choose “Update My Information” to make changes to their original submission.
What do I do if I forget my password?
Please email us at Recruiting@homestreet.com, and one of our recruiters will send your password to you.