FDIC insurance coverage benefits HomeStreet account holders
- Savings, checking, money market and certificate of deposit (CD)accounts when combined, are insured to $250,000 per depositor at HomeStreet Bank by the FDIC.
- Individual depositors may qualify for more than $250,000 of FDIC coverage at HomeStreet, if they have accounts in different categories of ownership, such as single, joint or revocable trust accounts.
- Generally, the FDIC provides separate coverage for retirement accounts (IRAs) up to $250,000.
- Business deposits are covered up to $250,000 by FDIC insurance, depending on how a business is incorporated.
- Since the start of FDIC insurance on Jan. 1, 1934, no depositor has lost a single cent of insured funds.
How can you make sure your HomeStreet accounts are adequately covered by FDIC insurance?
Stop by a HomeStreet Bank branch, sit down with one of our branch staff and review your accounts. Our employees are well trained to help customers maximize their FDIC insurance coverage. You may also contact our Customer Service Center at 800-719-8080 for assistance.
The FDIC website features an Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator that can help you determine if you have adequate deposit insurance for your accounts.