Don't let medical school debt get in the way.
New doctors have unique mortgage needs, especially when faced with student loan debt that might reduce their eligibility for a traditional mortgage. That’s why HomeStreet offers a special loan just for doctors beginning their careers.
- Loan amount up to $2,000,000.
- As low as 3% down payment (credit score may affect down payment requirements)
- Fixed-Rate or ARM loans are available
- Income from future employment contracts may be used as a basis for loan qualification
- Student loan payments deferred 12 months or more may be excluded from the debt-to-income (DTI) ratio calculation*
- Available for primary residence purchases and refinances
- Eligible properties include single-family homes, PUDs, Fannie Mae approved condominiums, manufactured homes and duplexes
- Program available to borrowers in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, Hawaii and Arizona
Who can take advantage of the program?
- Medical and Osteopathic Residents, Interns, and Fellows
- Licensed Medical and Osteopathic Physicians who have completed residency, but been in practice for 10 years or less
- Dentists and Oral Surgeons who have been in practice for 10 years or less
All loans are subject to approval.
*Additional documentation may be required regarding student loan payments.